Monday, August 1, 2011

Good Morning Lord!

I want to let you in on a secret, something I try to do every morning. I am successful most mornings. When the alarm goes off, I lie in bed for a few moments, not grimacing about the alarm going off, but thanking the Lord for the day, asking Him to enable me to bless Him some how, and asking for His leading throughout the day. I know it is not something that is easy to do especially if you have not gotten enough rest. For me, I believe it really makes a difference in my attitude and sets my priorities for the day.

David put it this way in Psalm 63

"O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory. Because Your loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You.”

“This is not the only time that I pray in the day, it is simply the way I like to start my day. It is not something I put on, it is not some magic, it is simply my heart’s desire to show my appreciation to the Lord, first in my day.

I love talking with the Lord. I also love when He speaks to my heart as well. It is a wonderful blessing to have a relationship with the God who created all things and is still in control.

There is so much in this world to worry over. There is equally as much to fear. God sets things in motion for our blessing when we put Him first. We receive refreshing, encouragement and are able to rise above all of the muck and mire when we put Him first.

Isaiah prophesied this word in 40:31;

“But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.”

I am sharing this with you in the hope that you will try my habit. Test it to see if it makes a difference for you. I love waking up with a grateful heart and placing Him first. It starts my day in communion with the Lord and I continue our discussions throughout the day. You are always part of that discussion!

No comments: