Thursday, November 1, 2018

November 1 Thought for the day....its time to do the impossible


The Lord is really moving in our church right now. I am just crazy enough to believe that this is only the preparation for even bigger things. If I had a dime for every person that told me nothing was ever going to happen in our area, I would be a very rich man. I know what the Lord has told me, and I know what is going to happen. "Why?" might be a good question, and here is a great answer!

Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” Mark 9:23

This is a pretty tall order, but I believe it is just as true today as it was when Jesus said it. If we are going to do "greater things" then at a minimum we have to believe Him at His word! What is Jesus saying here?

The word "possible" means ability, power, one who is capable of doing the task. It is the same word as the word for power, as is used in Acts 1:8 "you will receive power from on high." Jesus is saying that there is something that activates an unstoppable power in your life, and that is "belief!"

When Jesus says the word "believe," it is the same root word as "faith, " but it implies actively having this faith, always, not stopping or giving up but being active daily in faith! A person that "believes this way is habitually, constantly, consistently, unwaveringly straining forward to take hold of that desired goal he sees before him!

Faith is the spark that lights up the impossible to make it possible. Once a person ignites their faith, the things that seemed impossible to do are now quite possible. You become enabled and empowered to do whatever God has called you to do to fulfill any dream he has for you. You can do anything! That sounds kinda arrogant, but the truth is, God wouldn't ask you to do the impossible if you weren't capable of having it happen as you put your faith and trust in His call on your life.

When I receive a new direction from the Lord, it is time to put my "big boy pants on" and begin to renew my mind with prayer and God's Word. Then I can begin to believe that "all things are possible to those that believe." The church has become too fearful. It is time that we put the fear of God in the devil and the world. Let's start to believe for the impossible. The funny thing is, if we do, the impossible will start to happen! Now that is something I can live with!

No comments: