Monday, May 14, 2018

May 16 Thought for the day...hang in there



Have you ever thought God I've waited long enough for your promise. I'm done waiting! I've seen others blessed, others have their prayers answers and here I sit...I'm done! Most of us have reached that point. But the writer of Hebrews challenges us with something different.

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23 

Now we have looked at this verse already, but today I need us to look at the phrase "without wavering" it means something that is fixed, inflexible, it does not bend, unchanging. What is being said here is, don't ever give up on your dream. God has it in His hands. We don't always understand why He waits, but if you stand firm, He always comes through.

If we add what I have translated on other days to this, we could interpret this verse this way...

"Let us come into agreement with God and begin to speak what He says, tightly wrapping our arms around the promise we are confessing — embracing it with all our might, holding tightly to it, rejecting all attempts of anyone who tries to steal it from us, not allowing ourselves to be fickle in our commitment, but determined to be inflexible and unmoving from that which we believe and confess...."

The devil only knows how to lie. If he is whispering in your ear, "give up, there is no hope," why are you wasting your time, this is never going to happen." you can be assured God is going to come through. Don't give up on your dream or God's promises; He is faithful to keep His promises!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes I feel like Moses . . . 🙄
But I will not give up because I know my God is faithful and He will in His time come through! Maybe not the way I think but the way He wants! So for now I will just WAIT!