Thursday, March 22, 2018

March 22 Thought for the day...remember


It is nice to remember to pray for someone. We all need it, but do you know that is a way to pray that enables heaven to remember you?

"I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as my forefathers did, as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day" 2 Timothy 1:3

Paul was waiting to be executed, he had been imprisoned for quite some time. He knew at any moment the soldiers could come and take him to his beheading. However, young Timothy was hurting as I had mentioned in previous thoughts for the day, he had been abandoned and was concerned about being left without any help. Paul set his focus not on his execution but instead on bringing young Timothy to God's attention.

Most people reading this "thought" know that I am praying for them. If I know you, I am praying for you, and even if I don't know you, I am always praying that this "thought" will have an impact to make you more like Jesus and cause you to fulfill your destiny. For those I know, I have taken Paul example here for my prayers.

Paul says he "remembers without ceasing" his words mean he is bringing Timothy before the Lord always. Before Paul would ask for the Lord's guidance, protection, or supplying Timothy's need he would remind heaven of all that Timothy had done. Paul would paint a picture before heaven of all the things Timothy had accomplished. He reminded the Lord of who Timothy was and the faithfulness with which he served heaven. The word used for this phrase means that Paul memorialized Timothy in heaven (like the Centurion in Acts 10:4). Before he asked for a need for Timothy, he reminded heaven of the man of God that he is. God forgets nothing, He remembers everything so even though Paul was going to his death he laid out a memorial before the Lord of who Timothy was that God would see forever.

Paul was saying even though my time on earth may be short, I want heaven to always know and remember who you are Timothy so when you pray the Father will have a memorial that I have built to remind Him just who you are. Don't you wish you had someone who prayed like that for you? If I know you, then you do! God will remember you!

I would encourage you to love the people you know enough to remind the Lord of what they have done. Build a memorial before God, for the people in your life. Watch what happens as God remembers your prayers

No comments: