Wednesday, November 15, 2017

November 15 Thought for the day....don't think it gets easier


I remember when I opened my own business, people who had never owned a business told me I had it made. They thought how much time I would have because it was my business, I was my own boss. I could choose to work the hours I wanted. I could take days off. I had come into easy street according to some. My business was fantastically successful but because Paige and I were each willing to work 60-70 hours per week taking off only Sunday. When we weren't at the store, we were thinking about it. Many people daydream about what life would be like someday but someday is today!

Don't have anything to do with worthless, senseless stories and daydreams. Work hard to be truly a man of faith. 1 Timothy 4:7

Many people daydream about life being more comfortable if I only had my own business or if I were the boss, and my favorite wish I could be a Pastor they only work one day a week! Being a success at anything, especially in the Kingdom takes complete commitment and focus. Paul was warning young Timothy to not have daydreams about an easier life but instead to stay focused on the Kingdom. He was most likely dreaming about how much easier life would be if he weren't in the ministry or how much easier it would be as the ministry grew and he could finally relax. That would come under the idea of a senseless story or a daydream.

If God calls you to a greater purpose and anointing along with that calls comes a greater demand on your time, energy, strength, and gifts. As we learn to rely on God's grace, wisdom, and strength our character will blossom and grow and we will be able to handle anything that comes our way and be successful as well!

When Paul says, "don't have anything to do with" It means to refuse, utterly reject, walk away from any fables, old wives tales, or daydreams that will limit you. Paul doesn't want young Timothy to get caught up in wishing, dreaming, schemes or anything other than God's great plan. The enemy wants to get our focus off of the greatness God has for us. He will fill our minds with useless thoughts that take us away from God's purpose. It especially happens when things begin to get tough. We long for easier days, hoping every problem will go away. Those who follow the Lord's anointing will be taking on the prince of this world and his kingdom and will be conquering one kingdom after another.

"Work hard" is that word exercise, again. We are to grow in strength, stamina, endurance to win the race, to overcome, to win the crown. Ease is not something that men and women, who are hungry for God, will ever attain. However, rest, joy, peace, love, grace, wisdom, and power are the place where the man (or woman) of faith exist!


No comments: