Monday, July 3, 2017

July 3 Thought for the day...feeling a tug?


It is awesome to me the way the Lord leads. Even in the simplest things he can cause us to make wise purchases, make the correct turn on a highway, and give us great wisdom in everything we do, provided we choose to allow Him to lead.

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. Romans 8:14

The word "lead" is the idea of an animal being trained to walk properly. A rope is tied around its neck, and the master will tug or pull on the rope until the animal begins to simply follow. If we are willing, this is what the Holy Spirit will do for us.

I don't know about you, but there are times where I can be stubborn. I get comfortable doing things a certain way, being around certain people, even having certain theological understandings. I am glad the Lord loves me enough to allow me to get comfortable. He knows my heart and knows I want so much to be everything He wants me to be so sometimes He has to tug on me to get me to where I need to be! How about you?

It can be scary to follow His lead, but after I have learned to trust in some new area, He no longer needs to tug but gently leads me to the place I want to be!

We always must remember Jesus called the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth. As He is leading us, we can rest assured that it is the best place, the place we were created to be, and a place of growth and maturity. Our Father will not lie to us, deceive us nor will He play games with us. He leads us, always into truth, life, and power.

By allowing Him to lead we reflect the Father's heart in all we say and do. This is the way we prove to the world we are the children of God. Let Him lead you every day. Choose to trust that He has an amazing plan for you, even for today! He loves you and created you for a destiny, if you allow Him to lead, you will get there and get there in His and your perfect timing!

No comments: