Wednesday, April 26, 2017

April 26 Thought for the day...you can't dream big enough


Are there ever days where you wonder if God has any plans for you? I would bet most of us feel that way at one time or another. Paul tells us that we should be amazed at God's plan.

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him. But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his, Spirit searches out everything and shows us God's deep secrets." 1 Corinthians 2:9,10

How vivid is your imagination? I can imagine pretty expansively. Paul is saying even with a great imagination you can't grasp what God has planned for you. Think about that God loves you and no matter how down you may feel God still has a plan for you that is beyond your wildest imagination!

These verses that could be translated, "The heart of man could never dream, imagine, or conjure up the things God has prepared for them that love Him." The issue is, man is limited in the scope of being able to understand how grand God's view and plan is for our lives. Even the greatest imaginations can't comprehend the vastness and greatness of God's plan. So why would God tease us with this thought?

Paul is not teasing us, but instead giving us a taste, to encourage us to want to seek God for all He has. Paul goes on to tell us as we press into the Holy Spirit, He will "reveal" all the things of the Spirit. The word, "reveal" means to unveil, pull back the curtain so you may see clearly what has been hidden from you.

The Holy Spirit reveals His plan, purpose, and guides us to our destiny. Our only requirement is to seek Him and allow Him to guide us. I am continually blown away by what the Lord shows me nearly every day, and I am excited to think about what He will show me next.

Think about your hopes and dreams, I am sure they are amazing, but they are limited to what you can think. As you seek Him, the Lord will go beyond your dreams to show you a plan and a destiny that will blow you away. Don't allow the enemy to lie to you and cause you to feel hopeless or dreamless. God's got you!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm! Funny the other day I was thinking "why doesn't God use me for anything, maybe I'm never gonna have a purpose" . So . . . If you are seeking Him, reading His Word and praying why do I still feel as a useless vessel?? Just putting that out there, sometimes people make it sound so easy and it's not!

Tim Burgan said...

Lynn, I know it is extremely frustrating but God's word is true and he will not fail you. I rarely understanding His timing until things are done but I do know though every man may lie, God, will always be true to his word!