Monday, January 2, 2017

January 2 Thought for the day.....pressing on



Yesterday we started out the New Year with talking about letting go but there is a bit more to this verse that we need to grab onto, to understand what Paul means here...

Philippians 3:13

"Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead"


When Paul is talking about "reaching forward" it is not just a gentle stretch. The emphasis is like an Olympic runner straining with every bit of strength to cross the finish line with victory. It is the idea of 100% commitment to winning the prize. Paul's sense is that the determination is greater than anyone else, others may be in the same race but we are to push past, run harder, and stronger because we have such a determined desire for the goal.

The prize only goes to those who are most determined and have pushed the hardest. When you look at the resolutions you are making or the revolution you want to begin in your life, forgetting the past is key to not allowing it to control you but more importantly you have to want to fulfill the destiny, the dreams, and goals you and God have set for you.

The world system wants to place every kind of negative thought, every kind of limitation. The world wants to bring the "Eeyores" into you life to always focus on the trouble and impossibilities. God challenges us, through Paul, that we need to be more determined than the world. We have to want to accomplish our destiny, dreams, goals more than we are willing to listen to the nay-sayers.

Push forward this year! Win the race!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so good, I look beyond my past & look forward to my future for what God has planned for me. Sometimes I feel like it's an uphill race BUT that's ok cause in these times God grabs hold of my hand and pulls me up that hill! Thanks for these daily reads.