Friday, January 13, 2017

January 13 Thought for the day....following the lead



Have you ever been confused about what to do? Everyday we are faced with hundreds of decisions from what to eat for lunch to, for whom should we vote. Some decisions are easy to know whether it was wise of not, food that is not good lets you know pretty quickly, others, like investment choices may take longer. Is there a way to feel more secure in our decisions?

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. Romans 8:14

The Greek word order here is really “For as many as by the Spirit are being led, they are the sons of God.” This put the Spirit at the head and we are the followers.

The word "led" in the Greek has the meaning of an animal being guided by a leash or yoked. Its root is also the same word that is the root of the word "agony". What the Holy Spirit is saying here, through Paul, is that if we are willing to be guided by the Holy Spirit, it will not be easy at first. Our flesh will fight and it will hurt, but the end result is you will know what to do, how to react, and be guided each step of the way.

What causes poor decisions, confusion, misunderstanding, is our flesh getting in the way, our fear, prejudice, pride and all those flesh driven things. When we allow our flesh to be yoked to the Holy Spirit and we allow Him to lead us, it comes under control of the Holy Spirit.

As we submit to the leading and the guiding of the Holy Spirit. God leads us in His perfect will. We then are living out the fullness of His life in us, like any natural son or daughter, we reflect our Father and prove to be sons or daughters of God! Our decisions are now much easier because we are living and walking as sons and daughters of God!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not sure if you get comments on here cause I'm not familiar with blogging, but I so appreciate these thoughts of the day! It's funny how the Holy Spirit gives us just what we need not necessarily when we want it but when He decides. God Word is so encouraging one thing I have been learning through this LONG (said very slowly) process is that no matter what I may see, think or feel the One who is taking me through loves me and cares for me, He will never ever leave me or forsake me. During my devotions the scripture was Psalm 126, my favorite part was when I read verse 5 my heart just leaped for joy just knowing He hears my tears and sees my heart!!