Monday, February 28, 2011

Middle East uprising could be a miracle in the making.

If you are looking for today's devotional please look at the directory on the right and click "Is Jesus who He said He is". My heart is so heavy this morning for the Middle East I am asking you to consider this please.

I am not a Middle East expert however having spent more time there than the average American and having spent much time with the average Palestinian, Lebanese, Israeli, Jordanian, Egyptian, and Iraqi I have had the opportunity to see the hearts of the people.

Every person I met has had a hunger for the Lord at some level. They desire the same things we do, to be loved, have a relationship with God and to do better for their children then their parents did for them. I don’t understand fully the source of the uprising. Some say Al-Qaida is behind it others, the Muslim brotherhood, and others a democracy movement. I don’t know. What I do know is that Jesus died for all people of the world and that He desires for none to spend eternity in hell but all to come to the Father.

At this critical tipping point in history, I believe our prayers can and will make a difference in what takes place in the Middle East. Please do not be a simple spectator on history instead become a history maker. Jesus said men and women of faith can move mountains. Pray for all the people of the Middle East to have the same choices we have, to hear the message of the Gospel and to make a decision based on a clear understanding of who Jesus is. It will take a freedom of mind and politics to enable all to hear and be able to respond. Our prayers can change the world.

My good friend, Sam Childers is a Christian soldier who physically fights to save hundreds of lives through his type of warfare. I am grateful for his willingness to lay down his life in that way. It is easier for some of us to do that than others, however, if we will lay down our lives by spending time everyday praying for God’s will to be accomplished in the Middle East millions can be saved. It is more powerful to pray and yet easily over looked. More wars have been won by prayer than by guns, swords, or knives. Sometimes it takes both. Today you and I can’t go to the Middle East and physically fight. If we could how would we know which side to fight for. Through prayer we can fight the Princes of the Air one of which Daniel spoke about, the Prince or Angel over Persia. The battle was won through prayer and fasting and an entire nation was set free, millions were released through prayer.

Please pray! You know how,! You are called! You can change the world!

I have been blessed to see that many from the Middle East region are reading this blog. Please know I am praying for you and I would appreciate any insight you might give. Please feel free to comment on this or any other post you may read.

No comments: