Thursday, November 18, 2010

Who is in control?

John 18:1 – 21

Do you ever ask that question? I have! There are times where things are so crazy, grave, or disheartening that I wonder, who is in control. Of course I know God is but I, as Paul said see only through a glass dimly at the world and all that is happen. In the world, because of original sin and our human nature bad things happen. God is really in control.

Judas brought a large contingent of people to arrest Jesus. Some believe that Judas was trying to force Jesus hand others believe he was simply evil. Regardless of the reasoning behind it, Judas had more than enough people to overrun Jesus and any disciples that were with Him. They came with swords, clubs and a large group. When they approached Him as He spoke they fell back on the ground. Judas and his group thought they were in control but everything was the Lord.

There is a level of trust that I am constantly learning form the Lord. I think I have a handle on it then something comes my way where I become anxious or worry and the Lord has to remind me, if I am in His will, I can trust that He will do amazing things. God is always in control, He either allows things to happen or causes them to happen but as we have learned to trust Him, He makes all things work for our good.

What are you facing today? What challenges are in front of you? Do you love the Lord? It is never about perfection it is always about loving and building relationship with Him so that you can trust Him always. Trusting is a decision we must make. He is always faithful even when we are not, 2 Timothy 2:13.

No comments: